MBA course is a top-rated post-graduate programme in India. There are approximately 5500 B-schools in India. Many of these B-Schools are internationally renowned as well. For admission to the master of business administration schools, one must write competitive MBA exams because the number of applicants is more significant.
To determine the abilities of aspirants, each type of institution uses an entrance exam. Many colleges accept the results of the CAT exam, which is the most prestigious of these exams. Here are the top MBA entrance exams in India for 2023 that MBA aspirants should consider for admission to top MBA colleges.
Eligibility Criteria – MBA Common Entrance Exam
- MBA Course(full-time) entry requires a graduate degree in any discipline from a recognised university.
- A minimum average score of 50% in graduation is required
- The minimum aggregate score for reserved category students is 45%.
- Graduates who have completed their undergraduate studies within the specified time frame can apply for MBA programmes.
MBA Admissions – Documents Required
- MBA Entrance test scorecard and admit card
- Certificates of higher secondary school (Class 10) and senior secondary school (Class 12)
- Certificate of category (If required)
- Those with work experience only need to submit a work experience certificate
- Identification proof (usually a xerox copy of the Aadhar)
List of Top MBA Entrance Exams 2023
In India, there are several entrance tests for MBAs. Admission to MBA programmes is based on the marks obtained by students in these exams.
Listed below are the upcoming MBA entrance exams in 2023.
|Name of the entrance exam||Registration open date||Last date to apply||Exam date|
|CAT 2023||1st week of August 2023||2nd week of September 2023||4th week of November 2023|
|XAT 2023||September 2nd week 2023||November last week, 2023||The first week of January 2022|
|IBSAT 2023||July 1st week 2023||December 3rd week 2023||Last week of December 2023|
|SNAP 2023||August last week, 2023||November 1st week 2023||Third week of December 2023|
|CMAT 2023||January 2023||March 2023
|KMAT 2023||4th week of May 2023||2nd week of July 2023||4th week of July 2023|
|MAT 2023||Ongoing||Jan 31st 2023||Paper-based test: 1st week of Sep 2023
Computer-based test: 2nd week of September 2023
|IMU CET 2023||March 2023||May 2023||June 2023|
|Banasthali University Entrance Exam 2023||March 2023||August 2023||To be announced|
|JUET||To be announced||To be announced||To be announced|
|MMMUT Admission 2023||To be announced||To be announced||To be announced|
|SAAT 2023||February 2023||Phase 1: May 2023
Phase 2: July 2023
Phase 3: August 2023
|Phase 1: June 2023
Phase 2: July 2023
Phase 3: August 2023
|IIFT||November 1st week 2022||December 3rd week 2022||Last week of January 2023|
|IGNOU OPENMET 2023||Ongoing||March 2023||April 2023|
|LPU NEST 2023||Ongoing||August 2023||July 2023|
|ATMA 2023||Ongoing||April 2023||April 2023|
|BHU PET 2023||To be announced||To be announced||To be announced|
|UUEE||Ongoing||6th April 2023||To be announced|
|TANCET MBA 2023||1st week of January 2022||Last week of January||February|
|TISSNET||3rd week of November 2023||January||February|
|OJEE MBA||To be announced||To be announced||To be announced|
|TS ICET||April 2023||June 2023||August 2023|
|AP ICET||April 2023||May 2023||August 2023|
|MAH MBA CET||April 2023||Last week of April/ 1st week of May 2023||2nd week of May 2023|
|KIITEE MBA||December||May 2023||June 2023|
Entrance Exams for MBA and Accepting Colleges
|Name of the entrance exam||Name of the accepting colleges|
|CAT||20 IIMs, FMS, MDI, IITs, IMI, IMT, SPJIMR, TAPMI + 500 Others|
|SNAP||SIBM Pune, SCMHRD, and thirteen Other top Symbiosis Institutes|
|XAT||XLRI, IMT, XIMB, XIME, GIM, TAPMI, Great Lakes, FORE, LIBA + 140 Others|
|NMAT by GMAC||NMIMS Mumbai and twenty other MBA universities & colleges|
|CMAT||K J Somaiya, Great Lakes, GIM, BIMTECH, VIT and all the Universities and Institutes are offering AICTE-approved MBA/PGDM programmes.|
|IIFT||Three Campuses of IIFT at Delhi, Kakinada and Kolkata|
|MAT||400 MBA/PGDM Indian colleges|
|IBSAT||IBS Hyderabad & all the other eight campuses of ICFAI B-Schools|
|TISSNET||Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai and all its campuses|
|ATMA||More than 200 MBA/PGDM Indian colleges|
|KIITEE||KIIT School of Rural Management and KIIT School of Management|
MBA Entrance Exam – Application Form Cost
Registration for the entrance test for MBA costs between ₹ 1000 and ₹ 2500. In some upcoming MBA entrance exams for 2023, the fee has gone up, but it has remained the same in many others. The following table shares the cost of the MBA entrance test application forms:
|Name of the entrance exam||Fee for the general category in ₹||Fee for the reserved category in ₹|
|NMAT by GMAC||2800||2800|
- MBA entrance exam registration costs around Rs.18,000/- if you take all of the above exams.
- You may choose a test accepted at more MBA schools to avoid paying such a high exam registration fee.
- For instance, CAT, XAT, CMAT, NMAT, and MAT are among the most critical national MBA common entrance exams, and more than 1000 MBA colleges accept their score.
- Doing so could reduce the cost of the MBA entrance exam.
Sunstone is a leading education service provider with a pan-India presence in 50+ colleges. Many of these colleges offer MBA degrees, and if you choose any of these colleges, you can take advantage of the following benefits.
- Sunstone makes you job-ready with its 100+ hours of industry-aligned training courses.
- They help you acquire skills that will be tested in the real world by utilising the latest industry tools and techniques.
- Students can enhance their knowledge by signing up for advanced certifications.
- Sunstone provides 100% placement assistance.
- They provide six-plus months of industry integration via immersive internships and projects.
People Also Ask
When should I apply for MBA 2023?
Shortlist universities around 6-9 months before the MBA 2023 admission cycle starts once you have decided that MBA is the right fit for you. September to November is the standard time frame for MBA admissions and lasts until May to June.
Which entrance exam is best for MBA in India?
- In the IIMs, CAT is the only entrance test for admission to MBA programmes, and more than 150 B-schools accept CAT scores.
- NTA’s CMAT is the second most common MBA entrance exam after CAT.
- More than 1,000 MBA colleges in India accept the CMAT score.
Which MBA entrance exam is upcoming?
- For TISSNET 2023, Registration opened from December 14, 2022 and closed on January 15, 2023
- For MAT Feb 2023, Registration is open from December 27, 2022
- MICAT Exam 2023, Registration closed after January 16, 2023
KIITEE Management Exam 2023, Registration ended on January 10, 2023.